View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #350
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK - tried to post this earlier and got knocked out of AOL at airport.....so let's try it again.

I have not read every post - but I'm appalled at some of what I see being posted here.

A couple of things:

1. No matter what location's chosen - some are going to be unhappy.

2. The moderators and volunteers don't make money on this. Anyone who has ever run a Camaro show should know this. further, the amount of time invested for something of this magnitude (the LARGEST camaro show BY FAR) is staggering.

3. There are not an overabundance of locations with everything needed to hold something like Camaro5fest - remember: you need a 1/4 mile track and lots of parking lot - has to be centrally located near an interstate - needs to have a hotel area whereby a couple of thousand people can check in -

4. Many tracks are booked a year in advance. And many tracks have a policy of "NO!!!!" - meaning - "they are not easy to deal with" (TRUST ME on this one.....)

5. Just because it's at Indy this year does not mean it won't be somewhere else next year. I see people complaining that it's not on the West Coast (was there two years ago) - I see people complaining that it's not on the east coast (it was there three years ago) Here's a thought: We build Camaros for many reasons - but one of them is the sheer joy of driving! I understand that budgets may be an issue for a few- - but not for everyone and besides - it may be one of the best road trips you've ever made. GET IN - BUCKLE UP - AND HEAD FOR INDY! (you will not regret it)

It's OK to comment - but when people start insinuating that people are getting kickbacks and making tons of money - then in my opinion, you're out of line.

Let's remember: This is a Camaro site. The name Camaro means 'Friend- pal - comrade' - -let's remain friends.

Now - from me to the Mods and Volunteers: THANK YOU for the thousands of hours you've put into these Fests over the past three years and into next year - I think you've done a GREAT job - especially when the size and scope of the show is taken into consideration. YOU HAVE MY COMMITTMENT THAT WE'LL BE THERE!

And lastly: For those who like to complain: How 'bout VOLUNTEERING to help out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
Haven't said one word of complaints. But I will however volunteer to assist whereever the Mods need me. I will be there for the entire event.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote