View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Interesting question, hard to consider cuz I have never been in the V6 position. Always V8 to V8, but I did deal with the same model. So here was my experience.

For me, I was super close to buy a C5 Z06 before I bought my Camaro SS. The only thing that held me back was that the ones I found I liked were at car dealers who thought they were some super rare gem and wanted to gouge me on the price. I always wanted a Z06 for its race-ready status, but it would be a car I would drive almost daily during the nice parts of the year.

I did test drive a lot of them, and one thing that frusturated me from a daily driver perspective was always constant - the low ride height. There was a test drive where I literally only drove the car 3 blocks and I had scraped the front spoiler twice going in/getting out.

The car is really cool, fast, and very fun to drive. However, I respect the racing-oriented design too much to drive it every day in traffic and not take advantage of all the features.

Now that I'm a little older and have a little more money, I am going to work towards getting a C6 Z06 with a sole purpose of racing and car show usage.

I'm sure this is not helpful, but this is my perspective.
Advice is always helpful. Thank you.

Ride height concerns me also, especially bc I'm 6'7". Lots of room in the Camaro, was a tight fit in my 03 Cobra, and probably about the same in the Z06 I would guess. I'm just worried about getting in and out...I've driven a few and once I'm in I'm ok.

Anyway, thanks again.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote