View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
I'd go to a new Mustang or SS before I got an 8 year old car. 40k miles or not, it's still 8 years old. Even an 05 C6, in my opinion, would be a better deal, since it's a newer platform. If you're discounting the 5.0 purely based on the transmission issues you've heard about, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Only a small number of cars are having problems. I got an early build 2011 and my pressure plate bolts backed out, Ford fixed it at 900 miles, and I got 16k miles on it right now with no issues what so ever, including taking the car to the track. You'll also fit in it, especially being an ogre...er...6 foot 7 person that you are lol I'm 6'2 and didn't fit in a sun roof equipped Camaro very well in my driving position, and no way would I fit it one with a helmet on. Either way, I would go SS or GT. I think you think the SS doesn't have enough kick to it because the power band is so linear, and it is deceptive how fast the car is actually going. It's only 3/10ths of a second slower than a BRAND NEW C5 Z06, with a 4mph average trap speed.

CLIFFS: Go new 5.0, SS, or C6 over a C5 Z06.