View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Erratic idle while car is moving

I have been having an issue with my car ever since the cam swap, and my buddy that has tuned it for me isn't really sure on the cause, especially since it doesn't always do this. He is very familiar with 4th gen tuning, but there are apparently a lot more options in the software for these cars, and has added to the learning curve.

The problem is, is sometimes when I either have the clutch in, or the car in neutral while there is a speed associated with it, the idle will sometimes jump all over. Like if I am driving down the road and pop it into neutral to coast to a stoplight. It will swing up to ~1500rpm, then stumble down to just a few hundred (almost dies), then back up. As soon as the vehicle reaches 0mph, the idle smooths right out (as much as a cammed car will) to around 900 and has no problems. Really annoying when I am trying to slowly pull it in the garage or something, as it often wants to die.

Anyone have some ideas on where we can start looking as the problem area for this issue?
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote