View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #35
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
The announcements were unreliable because unless you happened to find yourself directly in front of a loudspeaker, they were unintelligible. At any rate, we went over to the Chevy tent to plead our case and they were as surprised as we were. At this point we surmised it was the Indiana crew's tent and we went over there. the woman that was manning it was more than helpful, let us register late and the judges, who had already passed long ago (we were on the very outer edge of the parking lot) two gentlemen walked all the way out there to score our cars. so despite some things that could've been done a li'l better, i felt like the gang went pretty far out of their way to make sure everyone was accommodated.

In the end, though, it really didn't matter because up until this point, my design theme has centered around keeping the car looking clean and classic. this means that all of my mods so far were manufactured by GM. so other than changing the color of a few things, my car is completely stock, but there was no stock category so I guess I apologize to those two gentlemen for makin' 'em walk all the way out there. haha.

I was possibly one of those gentlemen - no need to apologize for being stock . I was 1 of 4 - 2 person judging teams to do the show (we used a points system). I can tell you with certainty that we gave every car (stock, or radical custom) the same attention to judging. Nobody was automatically punished for being stock, and nobody got a perfect score for having endless $$ in the car . We do our own shows every year so we know what can be frustrating to people.

I really wish there was more than 1 award per class to be given out, but we had no control over that. I think there should at least be 1st,2nd,3rd & Best Engine, Paint, etc.. - maybe even Top 10 or 20 if there are enough cars. We should have had better signage for car show registration, that's understood. We would have liked the show on the oval or in a roped off area clearly designated. We had to walk all over that parking area and look at every car to see if it was registered. Just my thoughts, but as a club our feedback will go to the C5 staff to improve future events
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote