View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #5522
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Sorry about the delay. Yes I meant Quality Assurance issues. She has had it in for so many things I would have to look at the receipts to make sure i listed everything, but I will give a short list.

1 The carpet had to be re-adjusted on delivery. Messed up humps all over, right from factory. This was a day 1 problem. Literally when it came off the trailer.

2 Door weather seal trim coming off of the rear windows, they had to replace the actual glass and stuff because it all comes as a unit?

3 The rear sliding sunshade sliced her rear defrost lines on the back window, making the defrost inoperable. A pretty big deal in Canadian winters (which is when it happened, of course.) so new rear window. The dealer isn't sure it won't happen again, so she doesn't use the sunshade.

4 2 rattling speakers, also replaced the radio computer because something was wrong in it that made all the speakers pop. Now the dash rattles in the radio area.

5 Steering wheel tilt/tele is VERY difficult to lock/unlock.

6 One tire grew a huge blister on it, granted that is more a tire manufacturer thing, but still one more trip to the dealer.

7 The fan had to be replaced, it was squeaking and rattling.

8 And just in general, a very squeaky/rattling car. My Camaro is honestly quieter in terms of squeaks and such. And it's not like this is a 100K mile a year car, she has something like 35000 KMs on it, which I think is around 20,000 miles? All in all she is just very dissapointed with the car.
A lot more than should be tolerated from any customer. Hopefully it won't sway her from GM products in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
To everyone here and especially Shno and the others in service to our country -- HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!