View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #64
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astatenate View Post
Yeah it spins back and forth (Left to right) and I can hear a noise when I do it. So guess I do NOT have a solid isolator. Thanks for the link man!

So now my question is. Get it replaced under warranty with another new SC? And have my tech friend install the solid isolator I just ordered on the new SC? Or just let them install a new SC on it. And (maybe) have the issue again later? Is there any down side to a solid isolator?

With 5000 miles on the replacement I question if it was really changed, of course I cant hear what you hearing to know. The real question is can you convince the dealer to change it again because they have to believe it has failed.

The bulletin I sent you describes the cautions of a solid vs. spring. I have 4 people I know that I see their cars often that have solids that are in new Eaton SC's replaced by GM when they were still doing new back in 2014. All M6's and none of us have ever heard the so mentioned flutter, although there are some on the forum that have stated they have experienced it.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote