View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #29
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Hmm, well first off its a 2014 not a 2010. I really dislike the styling differences, ugly taillights squished frontend ect.

Second think about how much you can put into the SS that you would save not buying the 1LE, could build a lot more car for the extra money you would spend.

Yea, the black vinyl and wheels look nice, but for about 2grand you could do that if you wanted to.

If you already have an SS, I see no benefit to trading it in on a 1LE. If I were buying a new camaro straight out, then possibly the 1LE would be a good idea. Remember, its not a model, its just a package and its not limited. If you really want to trade up you might as well take the jump to a ZL1.
You aren't considering everything that comes with the 1le package. It's much cheaper to trade in that try to build it piecemeal.

Here is the full list your 3500 buys you:
  • close ratio manual transmission that has higher final drive (3.91 vs. 3.45)
  • air-to-liquid cooling system lifted from the ZL1 (trans and oil coolers)
  • 20-inch wheels covered in Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires, 285 on all 4 corners
  • Improved wheel bearings (zl1)
  • Improved toe links
  • upgraded sub-frame bushes
  • Better rear shock mounts
  • rear monotube shocks
  • thicker antiroll bars(27mm front, 28mm rear)
  • strut-tower bar
  • beefed up the rear-axle half-shafts
  • ZL1's high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups were also added to prevent fuel starvation in hard-cornering situations.
  • matte-black hood
  • functional front splitter
  • rear spoiler
  • Oil catch can
  • red Brembo brake calipers
  • ZL1's flat-bottom, microfiber-covered steering wheel
  • short shifter topped with a microfiber shift knob.

And Don't forget electric power steering in 2013+ models. Tires alone are 1200 easy. Good light weight wheels with those tires will be way over the 3500 price alone.