View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
cclayton000

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Single Click Noise While Stopping

I need some feedback about an issue before I take my 2010 2ss to dealer. Last summer, I had the dealer replace the brake pads and they had a special for ceramic pads. it really helped the brake dust build up, but it did change the braking characteristics. later in the summer, I started to get a single metallic click noise from the right front tire area. It would start up after driving 10+miles. I meant to look deeper into it, but when winter and colder weather set in, the noise stopped. Now that it has finally warmed up, the noise is back.

I pulled off the tire and noticed the retaining clip for the brake pads was at a diagonal to the caliper. Upon shifting it back and fourth, it made the exact noise. So, I tried seating the clip to be parallel with the rotor, but upon driving, the click noise came back.

Does anyone have ideas of what could be done? I looked closer at the clip and it does seem to have any slots or guides to keep it straight. I may be at the mercy of what the dealer finds at my 100k maintenance later this month.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
cclayton000 is offline   Reply With Quote