View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #8
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94z28inok View Post
And whats the best way to ensure I get OEM parts? I ended up with a cheap pos off brand windshield on Tahoe through a local glass shop.

Anybody recommend a good shop in the Joplin, Mo - Pittsburg, KS area?

Will the pictures I have be enough for the claim or should I leave it all like it is? I already discarded the leg.... but the rubber air deflector, should I zip tie it up somehow or can I go ahead and pull it off so no more damage is done?
My Camaro has had the windshield replaced twice.

The first time, when I told the glass shop I wanted OEM Pilkington glass, they asked me to call the insurance company, which confirmed that they would cover OEM glass because the car was, at the time, less than 3 years old. The second time, the car was older than that. I still insisted on OEM, but had to pay the difference because the Pilkington glass cost almost double.

If you want OEM parts, you have to ask, and maybe be willing to pay the difference. Poor glass is very noticeable to me, and has even given me motion sickness in the past due to optical distortion at the edges. With bumper covers, people report poor fit and ugly gaps.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote