View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #9242
txtom

Drives: Firebird
Bob had a cap put on his trache today, if he responds to that well, he gets it our tomorrow.l=
His creatnine levels are doing very well, meaning his kidneys are getting back to normal. He will undergo an MRI on his left arm tomorrow, he as some pain in it that has surfaced after he has been getting off the heavy meds. It is thought that he may have gotten banged around when they were trying to get his big butt out of the rig. Hopefully know more tomorrow.He is also experiencing some equilibrium issues, but they will get better. We have to be careful and watch our movements when around him, folks pacing back and forth around throws him off a little, so we try to keep a little distance and keep those movements to a minimum.

He was scheduled to start some breathing exercises today; first steps in his rehab.
He is not a very good patient, but then, none of us brothers were during our own times in the sheets. One thing they cannot do is bullshit him due to his EMT background. He asks some pretty pointed questions , to which they have to be more honest than they are normally.
He does not like pureed food at all; i thought of going and getting some jars of baby food just to mess with him. I can also tell you he has no problem throwing things to get attention. Pretty good aim too; he did a nice side toss through the door into the hallway with a rag Sunday.
Debbie is holding up as well as can be expected; She has been magnificent through this ordeal. Her parents are helping out at the rehab center; they are also a fantastic couple.

Will try to get a better perspective in the next day or two before I leave for Pensacola on thursday. As always, appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Tom
txtom is offline   Reply With Quote