Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:27 AM   #65
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Man I can't believe some of the premiums that you guys are paying, especially the older guys... I've never really considered insurance a big deal as I barely pay anything as it is now.

With my 99 Ram 1500 4x4, and my 94 Z/28, both full coverage, 100/300k I only pay 673 per year. I'm only 23, but I have a clean record now. I haven't had a ticket in almost 5 years (knock on wood)...

But once upon a time I was paying ~$325 a month for liability only 25/50k on my Chevelle only. Those were hard times seeing as it was my DD, and I was 17-19 years old. Don't street race and don't burn out... Or just dont get caught like I did. Almost $1000 bucks in tickets in a 2 month period, taught me a lesson real quick: Don't do bad shit on the street (and get caught). I pretty much drive like a Grandpa now, but I'm getting almost 22mpg consistently with my Camaro (believe it or not, that's up to you). I have a feeling when I get a new Camaro my youthful driving spirit will return

For those about to ask, the Chevelle is currently un-insured because it's down for paint, and hasn't been legally streetable for the last 2 years. Although, for a while I did have a 77 Datsun pickup I was driving around this year (before it blew up), and it was only $15/month liability only
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote