View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
I'll start off by saying welcome.

now.... like devildog said, it will cost a Lot to swap to an LS1 in a v-6 car. transmission, suspension, motor, wiring harness, computer, gauges, EVERYTHING has to be swapped out.

your better off just buying an LS1 now or trading the car towards an LS1 f-body in the future (or keep the v-6 in good shape, and save for a 2010 camaro)

now you said you wanna get some power out of it... well being a 3.8, I would say swap hoods and throw a s/c on it, but you want to stay N/A. which is fine, but dont expect a huge amount of power out of it N/A regardless of the mods you do.

what you can do is swap out the intake/filter and exhaust to free up the airflow.
seafoam the motor and do a good tune up all around and keep it in good condition.

the 3.8 is a reliable little powerhouse. but its a little powerhouse. and as i said before, it would be cheaper and easier to just swap the whole car for a V8 down the road than to try and swap a v8 into your v6.

you said you'd be ready to buy in Jan-Feb.... why not look at the new V-6 camaro? then you would have the power and reliablilty.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote