View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
owensmat

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Convertible Top Recall

Hello All,
First off, disclaimers here. I'm no expert, mechanic, engineer, or definitive source of knowlege here. I can only simply share the experience that I had today and hope that sharing the information helps. It may already be out there, but I didn't see it from tertiary searches. Anyway, took my car to the dealer today on a follow up from a recent visit where they were checking my first to second shift. While there last time, I mentioned that I'd heard a lot of problems with tops rubbing, etc. The service rep ordered some sort of shim parts to fix rubbing issues, etc. The parts were on order, so I had to bring my car back today for the repair. I hadn't noticed any particular issues yet, but the thought was that this would be a preventative fix. So today when I took my car in for the scheduled appt., the dealer said that over the past week, GM issued a recall on this issue and they have newly developed parts to put on the car that will eliminate the problem. Going back next week. Like I said, this may have been covered already, but if not, hopefully this news helps and perhaps someone more in the know can provide detail to this. The service rep was unable to describe what the recall repair entailed, outside of it being newly developed parts to fix the problem.
owensmat is offline   Reply With Quote