View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 05:19 PM   #2
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvjim View Post
Hey everyone......some opinions needed.

I was/am a Trans Am guy.....but Pontiac left me so I moved on to Vettes When I had Neck surgery I could no longer get into a Vette moved onto 5th gen Camaros

I am on my 3rd 5th gen Camaro.
I had a 2010 Blue with silver stripes RS/SS 6 speed.
Loved the car but it drove like a marshmallow suspension.

Moved up to a 2014 Red Rock Metallic SS 1LE 6 speed that was worked a bit and had 500RWHP....loved this car.

Then I was hit with M.S. and no longer have feeling in my feet so I was scared driving a stick in hush hour traffic as I didn't want to worry about rear-ending the car in front of me every day.

So I traded it in on a loaded 2015 Green Flash Edition RS/SS Auto.
Just passed 50000miles and am worried about AFM lifters....they're not an issue right now but I've read horror stories.

I want stock wheels back, but the only other thing I do not like is that the Boston stereo makes everything sound like the Metallica And Justice For All mix. Almost ZERO bass.

I was looking at under seat subs, but folks say they won't fit. I NEVER use my back seat, how about the floor behind the front seats? do you think there's enough room?
My Camaro is a 2011 L99 that did have the AFD/DOD lifters. I ran those for 98k miles until I did a cam swap and AFM/DOD delete and LS3 conversion. My first performance mod was a set of LT headers, and that was at 19k miles, and when they did the tune for the LT's, they turned off the AFM program and I drive the car like it should be driven, and hit the rev limiter countless times! Not saying you should do that, it just happens. After all it is a muscle car! Never had any issues with the lifters in that time frame from new to 98k miles. I always used the correct oil called for, and changed it every 3500 miles. If you have the Spring Edition Green Flash, they came stock with 21 inch wheels. Some guys opted to switch them out for something in the 20 inch size so the tires don't cost so much. Hope this helps you out some.