View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #190
Rapnrev

Drives: Mustang,Corvette,Escalade,T-Bird
I agree with Jake on the tonneau cover issue; having a 2002 Mustang convertible with a snap on cover (that blew off on the freeway mind you) but consider the Corvette droptop that has a manuel ragtop however you lifted the hard tonneau and dropped the top and put the hard tonneau back down. This could be an option lift the tonneau manuelly hit the switch to drop the top lower the hard tonneau back down. One thing I do notice is the the area where the top sits when it's down gets very dirty without a cover and really is not cleanable.

I also agree that GM needs to stop going down the low budget road in the name of selling units if the quality is of a better standard people are going recognize it, appreciate it, and purchase it. I'm not saying you need the "Ricardo Mantalban Corinthinan Leather" LOL! but they can upgrade to mid-level components however I understand that would cut into the aftermarket arena.

Nevertheless like Jake said $50k for a top of the line car with mediocer quality (I say that because of aftermarket arena) is a slap in the face to the American consumer. Other automakers offer things as standard that the American automakers want to charges as options thus increasing the price anyway. So sure if you want bare bones you should be able to get that but if you want top of the line then it should be just that in every way.

I own a 2006 Corvette, 2008 Escalade, 2002 Mustang, 1997 Lexus and a 1963 Thunderbird so I love speed, luxury, open air, foreign and classics so I have the full gamet.

I loved the Camaro Convertible from day one and wanted it over the coupe from the start but it is the little things that make all the difference in the world and if other companies are doing it then we need to stop making excuses for why we are not.

Let's not even put the BMW into it if Volkswagen (The Eos starting at 32k hardtop convertible as well as hard tonneau) then why can't Chevy? We are suppose to be the best in the free world but now as innovators and forward thinkers we seem to be just settling in the name of selling units. Chrysler is the only company that really puts their concepts into production at a high rate the 300 changed the game for them and look at the innovation two-tone paint, big wheels, giving the people what they want keeping an ear to the streets.
Rapnrev is offline   Reply With Quote