View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #33
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
The Nightowl stuff was better than anything else that showed up at CF at Indy the first year; and not by a little bit. The products were better, the tech was better, the control method was out of this world. The end result looked factory and no one was baking headlights anymore. The list goes on.

Could I source my own stuff from China to compete for $50? Perhaps on the surface; but not from a practicality standpoint. Not from a fit, finish, durability and plug-n-play standpoint.

I am a father of three and was more than willing to pay a premium for a great, well though-out product that took the guesswork out of it all to get the look I wanted. So were a lot of other folks. It has nothing to do with intellect and everything to do with time and priorities.

Just because I know how to grow corn and raise an animal doesn't mean I want to plow up my yard and bring livestock home. I go to the grocery store.

I understand Nightowl struggled in the end and decided the fight wasn't worth it anymore for a lot of reasons, but I still don't get that some people can't admit it was a great option for a lot of us. No regrets from me.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote