View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #206
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Curious that so many would object to the proposition that a Z28 would be tested on the 1/4 mile track. The 1/4 mile test is the standard measuring stick for every car magazine on every car they get their hands on. We all draw huge assumptions based on the 1/4 mile and 60' times it will post, as well as braking. Some of the Car Mags post a database of all the cars they've tested and I, for one, generally use that to rack and stack where my car and others fit in.

The original Z28 spent many an hour at the drag strip and most were very pleased with it's performance. I'm guessing, most people who will own a new Z28 will never hit a road course for lots of reasons, mostly that tracks are few and far between and expensive to run, especially since a set of tires could be gone in one track day. The drag strip cost $20 and is a venue where you can legally "open it up". However, some of our military guys lucky enough to get an assignment to Europe will have the blast of a lifetime!

My guess: 12.1@118
It's not that people are opposed to it being tested at 1/4 mile track, it's the notion that there are some people think that the Z/28 should dominate at the 1/4 mile track if it's the new king. This car was introduced as the ultimate Camaro road course car, Have you not heard or seen Jerry Ruess' introduction for the Z/28? He clearly states what the objective of the car is for. The majority of people here already know that.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote