View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #8
bayarea408

Drives: T
PCM of NC plug wires, mummy wrap them in heat wrap and then slide a heat sleeve over it or leave it mummy wrapped. You want to mess around and use stock plug wires or whatever brand, be my guest. This was an extremely simple yet annoying hurdle.

The PCM on the front passenger side of the car sits really low and the harness wires coming from it comes very close to the cross over hot pipes of the turbo kit. I unhooked the PCM away from its mounting base, i broke off 1 limiter tab and the PCM goes right back on but upside down. This little trick buys you like 5 inches of wiggle space for the cars Harness to NOT be in touch with any hot pipes. I will take a photo later for you guys.

Crank pressure i went with mighty mouse catch can i emailed them told them my ordeal and they spec it and show you how to run it. L99 is a bit different as there in no nipple on the valley cover under the manifold.

The way the new turbo header manifold is designed, the ground wire from the heads to to car may need a slight trimming to get it to seat fully and contact on the head with this new manifold. I loosely had it cinched on and it came lose after a drive and the car would not start. This was a complete waste of a weekend hunting that down.

Oh and wrap up anything AC related under the turbo gear on the driver side. The cleaner and more work you do the less you worry and have to come back again and do it. I specifically used DEI heat wrap like the stuff for headers but all over the AC equipment. I live in the desert and its been 3 years no problems.

and i had this all setup stock suspension...solid cradle mounts / Z28 upper inside control arm bushing/ trailing arm / stiffer sway
these things with a radial have been good for my 500 wheel

Booooooooooooooooost time Fellaz
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote