View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
If your dealer has 12 cars total, all Chevy has said is they expect to have filled all the pre-orders by October. My guess is that is a SAFE estimate and that all will be filled by August/September. IMO, March and April don't exist for all intents and purposes because of the "each dealer gets a V6" initial run unless, as I said, you're at one of the "big boys" who are getting 40, 50, and in some cases, 60+ cars. I think they'll start to see theirs in the April run and it'll go from there. I happen to be 1st in line at the 2nd largest with 63 allotted but I'm thinking of jumping ship because I found another dealer who is willing to accept supplier discount. It will most likely push my delivery out a month or two since their allocation is only 31 but $1500 is $1500...
So your supplier discount would be $1500? I would assume if you are thinking about jumping ship you can get your deposit back from your current dealer. My dealer most likely won't take the supplier discount since I have no previous written agreement for them to do so, however I have a GM card with $1400 worth of discount points. They told me they would gladly accept the GM card since it does not affect their bottom line in any way.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote