View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #1227
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
You know after buying the SS I don't trust GM anymore. I'll mod mine to what I expect it to be, and that will be the last big purchase I ever make from domestic automakers, unless it's a used viper. I hear they're going for 30-40k in the US. Or a winter beater on it's last lege for $2k. LOL
But, that's it man. I gave GM one last chance to step up after the bail-out and they messed up big time.
I guess you should sale your SS then. because no matter how far you try to get, it's still going to have something GM made. and why keep something you don't trust? I'm sorry I just don't see why you would waste money on something you obviously don't like.

oh and btw just because it has heads and block of an LS3 doesn't make it an ls3. LS376. not designated an LS3 but has heads, block and most of the same internals. if you remove all internals to install forged ones you might as well build a better all around engine with forged internals from the ground up. Then sale the current engine from intake to oil pan. you have to remove the engine anyways to replace those internals.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote