View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Midnight Maro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS W/ Kenne Bell 2.8LC SC
header leak => "Service StabiliTrak" + Possible missfire = HELP!

Hey all,

I've been reading through the forums and have been getting hints on what may be wrong with the black beauty... Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated.

About 6 months ago I installed some long tube headers. The last 3 months a small header leak started at the block. (yeah I need to replace the gasket, just haven't had the time). Yesterday the "Service StabiliTrak" message came up on the console and about ten minutes later the engine started running really rough. Sputtering at Idle a little. The CES light flashes when the StabiliTrak message pops up... they will go away for 5 minutes still while the engine in running rough and then come back. I'm curious if the header leak is causing the pre-detonation sensor to go off and pull power from the engine or in fact I might have an engine misfire.

From reading through the forums, I gotten mixed information. One thread says to check the spark plugs in case one got cracked during the header install or the wires are loose, but it seems weird to me that this would happen 6 months after install. This would explain the misfire, just not the instant change in the engine performance.

The other thought on header leak causing a "ping" sound and setting off the detonation sensor.. not sure if it would even do this.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I know I've got some work to do on this one, just looking in what direction to start. Thanks a ton!

1/4: 13.330 @ 105.52 MPH - bone stock
Midnight Maro is offline   Reply With Quote