Thread: Trade in Value?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #15
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Also looking to trade my Camaro in on a truck. Local Dodge dealership offered 24k at first, I walked away and the next day they called me offering 26k. Still on the fence about that one.

Two local Chevy dealers to my surprise and despair offered a whopping 21k and 23k... I'd expect most offers to be in the 22-25k range. I did not at all expect to be this much upside down on this car at this point. Quite disappointing how bad the depreciation has been. If I could get 28-29k that'd be fantastic but I don't see it as even being a possibility based on the offers I've gotten so far. What's upsetting is that I'm still seeing used well optioned 14-15 1LEs going for 30-34k depending on mileage so to offer 22k is just flat out ridicuclous IMO considering the profit they turn around and try to make off it. May give the Dodge dealer a call and try to push for 27k...

Trying to sell privately seems to be a crapshoot as well as I'm seeing tons of them for sale in the classifieds here and in other places too with little to no interest in them.

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote