View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
Mach83

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 1LE
Here's a good shot of the outlet in the wheel well. I relieved a small amount of material on the liner on the outboard side of the OEM opening to accommodate the duct outlet. It is secured with 2 push pins and 2 tie wraps.

This is the driver side - wheel well liner removed. You can see the washer bottle has been removed in this shot and it's a good perspective of where the duct runs. Some folks have done something similar using the fog light locations - but the better place to pickup cool air is in this location - just like the Z28 kit. This has been beat to death in many threads.

The NACA scoop attaches to an OEM mounting hole in the grill via push pin. I used pieces of GM plastic from splash guard mounts to fabricate the mounts.

Here's the best shot I have looking at the grill head on into the duct

Here's another shot of the 'half-moon' that should be taken out of the liner to get max flow from these ducts.

Here's the OEM plastic behind the grill - the Line denotes the cut line. The Z28 kit requires the same cut.

Here's how I made the NACA scoop mounts via template.

Here's a shot from the front side as I test fit everything.

Here's a shot from underneath. In the bottom of this frame you can see the scoop on the 1LE underside that functions to route air from under the car up into the deflectors. It is blocked by the air-dam - which I cut and simply removed the center section prior to track days.

In this shot - full droop on jack-stands - you can see the duct outlet on passenger side and the deflector. This is before they were cut by trial and error to fit our 5th gen with suspension motion. You CAN simply install these, but you will scrape up the frame edges and the deflectors on the track.

The final attached image is just another close-up while these were being fabricated.

Grab these from me and save yourself a ton of the fitment and fab work - and get some air to the backside of your rotor. Brakes are life.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mach83; 08-17-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Mach83 is offline   Reply With Quote