Thread: Intake manifold
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #177
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
That article was a great read - thanks for that. My take-away is damn, the stock LS3 intake is really good. I think they really missed an obvious test in there, they needed a rod-mod and ported stocker to compare to.

I was interested to read you actually can't maintain speed at 65mph with enough of a grade in 10th. Maybe it's the 4.10's making just enough difference in the rpm, but I can pull grades and still accelerate from 65mph in top gear with my car. It's no rocket ship in that condition, but it doesn't struggle. The SS3 is even more cam that what you have there, so it's not that - it's probably mostly the gearing I guess.
No problem! I liked it as well, but I agree I would have loved to see how a worked over stock one compared to the others. Would have also loved to see the LOD intake as well, but such is life. The GM guys sure did great with this stock piece though!

And keep in mind, that was with cam, but before the 3.91s. I forsee the car doing much better now, I just haven't been on that particular stretch of highway to see since I swapped diffs! I actually thought our cams were pretty similar (never could find specs, but figured SS3 was close to TSP stage 3, and the SS4 no flycut was close to the TSP F35), in which case your 4.10s would help even more. That's just even more perceived low end in your favor.

Honestly, if I wasn't planning to go boosted, I would be wishing I had done 4.10's instead of 3.91s. These are really what this car should have just came with from the factory! It can certainly use more gear on my current NA setup
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote