Thread: what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 03:18 AM   #5
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
The warranty is an insurance plan. You'll have factory warranties for more common ****ups - Usually powertrain is 60,000km, 5 years and that will cover everything in the engine/transmission except for a clutch to the best of my knowledge... shitty head gasket or bad manifolds and they'll be covered. If you're worried about trim damage... don't f*** with your trim.

Convertible top? High end stereo system that you might blow out? Are those things worth the trouble?

I work in a dealership, and it is retarted how much people get away with putting on Warranty repairs. However, it's amazing how much warranty's don't cover.

When you get a prepaid maintenance plan, make sure that you're getting full maintenance. A lot of Ford prepaid maintenance isn't everything that Ford recommends, it is a slightly different maintenance schedule.

When I get mine I'm going to be an anal customer. I plan on test driving the camaro at every GM dealership, checking out their service departments and reading reviews before taking the plunge. Then I'm going to sit down and talk about exactly what will and won't be covered before I decide to get any extended warranty garbage... I don't think I'll be taking it.
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote