Thread: V6 Guys Only
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #71
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post

First of all, what exactly is "drive shaft" hp? I heard of "crank" hp and "whp" hp, but that's it.

Second, there is NO FREAKING WAY that our v6 (or any other production engine) is going to make an EXTRA 70 hp at the crank with just race gas.

Not gonna happen. Nope.

That guy either didn't know what he was talking about, or he was just plain lying.

I mean, think about it ...

Q: If a supercharger usually adds around 90-100 hp at the crank, then how can just changing to race gas in an otherwise stock engine gonna give someone 3/4 of that?

A: It Can't.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
Then I guess you know more then the perfomance engineers then right
If the performance engineers are honestly saying otherwise, then yes, he knows more than them in this regard.
Now... I'm an engineer with the GM Performance Division.
Well actually, I'm not. But see how easy it was to say that I am?
Think about it this way...
"Someone from an internet forum said he met a guy who claimed he worked for the GM Performance Division who told him secret inside GM information."

Heh... Don't believe everything you hear or read on the internet (or anywhere else), there are millions of ways that info could be (and often is) flawed.

If the said guy actually was what he said he was, he was either lying, or he is an idiot. The latter would put him right on par with many of the engineers I directly work with at NASA, no joke.

Renke, two different dyno's giving you two different results is the norm. From what I've observed on a dyno, 87 octane does make my car knock and pull timing so I'm not saying your results are impossible, just invalid. Make the same test on the same dyno in the same conditions with the same setup (after running through a full tank of the different octane), then you'll have a clearer picture of what's actually going on.

So much mis-information. It never ends. :(
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote