Thread: 45th EDITION
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #1088
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlu10 View Post
hey thats a great idea i really want that front lip like the one gm has it changes how the whole car looks and gotta get the heritage grill for sure,
and ebay has a set of Black 45th wheels for $800 the wife wants to get those for me. dipped is like $165 per wheel here and a huge hassel, so we will see no real mods for my car yet, so im just gonna do a little of this and that till i can get the SS or the ZL1 in my garage wish i could buy the SS 45th in Afganastan then id have 2 45ths love the car
Well you can plastidip the wheels (what I meant by dipped) and that'll just cost you 2-3 cans of plastidip, maybe $20 tops. That's what I've done to my wheels.

Powdercoating should cost you around or less than $400 for all four rims. Not counting taking the tires off the rims, and remounting them, which should cost around $50.

I wouldn't dish out $800 for the same rims in black, you can do that yourself easily on your current rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My45thAnniversaryCamaro View Post
I hate how he has the same car! One reason I got the car was because it was so unique and I figured no one else where I live would get it! I got mine last October when they're were seriously only like 2 of them at dealerships! I live in Norcal and ended up getting it from San Jose because the people at Kuni Chevrolet in Sacramento were being jerks! I couldn't find any other ones in Cali then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlu10 View Post
i dont think i would like that to much there is only one around me and its 50 miles away in all of southern md there is only 2 and mine was here first and he just joined the club im in so the cruse with him will be very cool, imagine rolling with like 20 45ths at one time just once that would be awsome
I dunno about you guys, but I love seeing another 45th. There's another 45th in our club who joined right after me, and he's an awesome guy! I guess it's just me but it's cool to have another 45th similar to mine around! It's like we're unique but still almost identical.

Here's a few pics when we met at one of our first meets (I have the gold bowties):

Obviously my camaro looks a lot different now, lol, but it's still cool to know there's another 45th in our club. Something seems cooler about have 2 special edition model cars than just 2 cars with the same paint.

Now there's one 45th that actually lives close to me. It's a 2LT. And although I've never met him, I've seen him, and someday I want to park next to him and see the vast difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcurl329 View Post
Hey everyone... Im Steven from Fredericksburg, Va. I just found the 45th thread... I picked my 45th the end of last week and I have already installed the Jet performance skip shift eliminator. I also was able to talk the dealer into adding to the deal a set of 45th edition floor mats, foot well / cup holder ambient lighting package and an extra 1k off there asking price.

Welcome! Sounds like you got a great deal worked out with your dealer! Looking good too! Glad you got the LS3. Wayyyyyy more fun. (don't tell the auto guys! )

You don't by chance have any pics of that '70 do you?