View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #4444
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
glad y'all're alive! Izzy also says hi & merry Christmas.
sorry to hear about the car - sucks bad enough when you stall out a manual but an auto... i wouldn't wanna be in your baby shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Sounds like you do need to raise the idle. Wondering if fuel line/filter issue possible. Have you Seafoamed the car lately. I would run a can or 2 thru the gas tank and see if it gets better. You also went many miles without a catch can so the Seafoam could help carboned valves if that is causing the problem
Not a fuel issue. Pressure and delivery is normal.

I've already seafoamed the tank. Long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Maggie says, no seafoam... apparently it eats to coating off the rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
if you only put it in the gas, it won't touch the rotors

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137902
Yup. But I doubt it is unburned long enough to make much of a difference in the short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
A "new" car, there's no way the valves are so messed up that the damn thing won't run. I've seen 30 year old engines that had 2 inches of sludge on top of the valves run like a top.

Bad sensor, bad tune, horrible vacuum leak. Operator error!?
I've run smoke tests, propane and carb cleaner tests. Soap tests and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
My money is on a vacuum leak! It's gonna end up being something simple....I hope! Good luck with it!
I have no doubt it will be something simple. But I also think it may be in the tune.

When I start it on a cold morning it sounds like TOTAL shit and sputters for a few seconds.