View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #23
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
I spent ten years loving my car... it wasn't a rocketship, but it was mine and I loved it. It was a 2002 Monte Carlo SS "Intimidator" Edition, and as a rabid fan of Earnhardt, it very much fit me. As time would pass, the car became infested with rust and mechanical issues that surpassed the value of the car (monetarily, not emotionally- part of me still wanted to rebuild it from the ground up...) Working for the railroad, my time at home is little, and precious... I decided restoring the Monte simply didn't make sense, regardless of my connection to the car. I considered purchasing a Cruze for something good on gas, or maybe even an Impala... but for me, I looked at it differently... if I were going to have a car payment, I wanted something that I WANTED to drive. I drive an hour to work, so I spend a fair amount of time in my car, and my typically 70-80 hours a week keep me away from home, but afford me the opportunity to pretty much buy whatever I wanted... the wife ruled out the Corvette because of the little one... (I guess it's frowned upon to let them sit on your lap... thanks a lot, Bin Laden)... so enter the Camaro.

Bottom line, I wanted to enjoy the long-ish drive to work, and if I was going to have a car payment, I wanted to feel like it was worth having.

A year later I still turn to look at it after I park, and when I set down in the driver's seat... I feel something more than I do when I hop in my pick-up truck... it's an entire experience.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote