View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #35
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Lately my wife and I think that we made the wrong decision by replacing our 2014 Camaro ZL1 for a 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 A6.

Our prior Camaro ZL1 with the A6 transmission was a great car and with a very solid power train that never gave us any headache. But our C7 with only 30,000 miles on a trip to see our Son at San Antonio TX got overheated suddenly while we where on heavy traffic with an external 90 F weather. After the car was towed to the dealer, the diagnostic was bad fan and water pump, which was replaced under warranty, but after performing a multipoint inspection the cash amount grew up to $3,440. Requiring me to replace tires and provide alignment to the car, brakes, service the GDI induction system, service transmission and rear differential fluid. My car has been only in one DE event the rest is just DD.

This really make us think that maybe we made a wrong mistake of replacing our faithful Camaro ZL1 which never gave us any problem and was a great car. Which was replaced just for a pretty faced Stingray.

I even wonder if the new 6th generation Camaro would be as weak as the Stingray since both share the same powertrain compared to the bullet proof 5th gen Camaro ZL1?
One was designed to run on the track with min failure, one was made to look pretty, guess which is which.. All kidding aside, not fair to compare the two, ZO6, ZR1 , maybe..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote