View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #41
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
A few posts above yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace View Post
I was possibly one of those gentlemen - no need to apologize for being stock . I was 1 of 4 - 2 person judging teams to do the show (we used a points system). I can tell you with certainty that we gave every car (stock, or radical custom) the same attention to judging. Nobody was automatically punished for being stock, and nobody got a perfect score for having endless $$ in the car . We do our own shows every year so we know what can be frustrating to people.
A points system is really the only way you can go for an event like this. Especially when you have highly modified cars with others more stock. That way you get the most impartial results. All cars start with the same points and then you deduct for any imperfections, something un-finished, an un-cleaned dirty area, etc. I begged off on the judging and spent most of Friday at our tent registering car show participants, I have too much trouble picking a winner! This is not the CICC's first go-around and we've put on some pretty big shows in the past, IndyY2k, Indy08 that had similarities with this event. I know some of you were here for Indy08. Never forget seeing Tag (Doug) crawl into the trunk of the black/white cammo'd protoype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainehod View Post
Then there was Best 1st generation through 5th gen...this is a 1st place only award.
Well since I believe we only had one first gen entered, and no 4th gens entered you'd need to have more 1-4 gens entered to have more than one award for those. But 1st to 3rd 5th gen could have been done!

Normally if we (CICC) put on a show we do not enter/judge/award club cars because we feel it's a conflict, sometimes we'll have the participants pick their favorite club car. Ever been to a show when the president of the club putting it on wins Best of Show??? I have. That just ain't right.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 08-08-2012 at 08:13 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote