View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
MilesAway1980

Drives: 2014 SS/RS. 6.2L V8. 6 spd manual.
The unit is Brand Motion 5000-CA6

For what it's worth, here are the installation instructions:

https://www.4wd.com/sku/Brandmotion/...d/5000-CA6.pdf

I was also mistaken and it is a front facing camera, not a backup camera. I edited the original post.

This is the writeup my father did:

Quote:
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS that I've owned since new. It currently has about 14,000 miles on it. I recently installed a BrandMotion Curb Alert Park View PRO
front nose sensor to better alert me if I pull too far forward toward a curb, etc. as visiblity there is limited.

I attached the sensor under the tip of the front bumper, running the wire lead through the engine bay and into the cabin area. I ran the wire through the firewall along the existing grommet for the hood release cable. I connected the hot lead to the power port in the center console and the negative lead to an existing grounding screw.
I had initially looked for a hot connection under the fuse box under the hood but could not easily access any of the wires so abandoned that approach.

My problem is that when I tried to start the car the dash lights illuminated normally but the starter would not energize as if the clutch wasn't depressing the neutral safety switch.

I have since disconnected the three leads to the BrandMotion sensor, ensured the battery is fully charged, and inspected every fuse in the three fuse boxes throughout the car.

Could I have physically disturbed a vital connection somewhere, to include in or about the fuse box? If so, where? Is there a safety shut-off or fail safe system I don't know about? Any ideas? I'm stumped!
MilesAway1980 is offline   Reply With Quote