View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #210
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
And I know this is going to come off as a "I told you so" post. that is not my intent. Doc seems to be very knowledgable what makes cars go through the twisties fast and I just wanted to know if he was surprised by what we have seen as the official time
Now that I know the power is 505 hp and they did that run with some of the fastest parts of the track in the rain, that time is actually quite impressive. I was honestly expecting the engine would be more like 520-525 hp which would make the difference, so my original estimate was based on that expectation. I have no doubt the car as it is can run in the high 7:20's in better weather conditions which for a showroom stock Camaro is absolutely spectacular.

It looks and sounds fantastic on the course. It appears that Stielow got the damping of the shocks dialed in perfectly; the car is very un-dramatic on the most dramatic track in the world. Put a few add-ons to add a few more hp and that thing is going to be unreal. I can't wait to see what Randy Pobst does with it at Laguna Seca.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote