View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 03:17 PM   #8
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by black6 View Post
Pardon my ignorance but why don’t you just keep your car plated where it was? Then you don’t have to adhere to Hawaii’s rules, cars are covered by the laws of the state they are plated in.

Inspection stuff etc should be waved because if military duty as well I would think. I know my jarhead friend had a lowered, tinted, no cat terminator in Cali and because it wasn’t plated in Cali the cops couldn’t do anything about it.
You brought up a great point, but after reading the Hawaii laws I’m allowed to keep my vehicle registered in whatever state but still required to adhere to these rules. In most states window tint only has to have the passender/drivers windows to a certain percentage and the rest can be as dark as you want. That doesn’t apply here either. All windows for a passenger car have to be within the limits so now I have to take all my tint off just to redo them with “legal” tint. If I wasn’t going to be here for so long, I’d jut park my car and buy a small beater or something. Thankfully they don’t do smog tests, because I’d fail that like a mofo as well.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote