View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #10
black6

Drives: black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
You brought up a great point, but after reading the Hawaii laws I’m allowed to keep my vehicle registered in whatever state but still required to adhere to these rules. In most states window tint only has to have the passender/drivers windows to a certain percentage and the rest can be as dark as you want. That doesn’t apply here either. All windows for a passenger car have to be within the limits so now I have to take all my tint off just to redo them with “legal” tint. If I wasn’t going to be here for so long, I’d jut park my car and buy a small beater or something. Thankfully they don’t do smog tests, because I’d fail that like a mofo as well.
You should talk to a real lawyer. Not jag who will tell you they can’t help you anyways. Pretty sure that sounds like BS. Being military gives you extra rights as well because of the temporary nature of living situations. 99% sure that they can’t make you adhere to their laws. And they couldn’t write you a Texas local citation for having tint not legal in Texas etc. but I’m not an expert. If I were you I’d check into it more though.
black6 is offline   Reply With Quote