View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 05:12 AM   #4
johndm

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
thanks for that John , I'll look into facebook a little later (my wife's on fb, I'm a bit of a luddite!).

I do prefer the twin rear lights though could live with the siamesed UK spec rears. The issue with the 2013 is the ££ (or indeed $$ - especially given the exchange rate at the moment ).

My understanding is that the 2013, although it has the mylink and screen has issues with satnav and needs programming to accept UK radio frequencies (US only going up in odd numbers on the FM side of things). I would hope that satnav and the radio isn't an issue on the UK version, though then you do have to make do with those hideous mirrors (I'm sure they can be exchanged for US style ones though ) as for the road-tax, it's a pain but over the course of a years it's an extra 3 or 4 tanks of petrol so not the end of the world
Indeed, the rate is poor at the moment, are you looking to import or buy something already here? There is a guy who imports only good vehicles on our Facebook group, can get you his contact details if your not planning to join the Facebook crowd? There have been a number of bad cars advertised here recently on ebay and Auto Trader, total loss or write off from the US being repaired in eastern European areas then moved here and sold without history, so please beware! Typically, two of our group had red SS''s for sale recently, both around the 20k mark, and both only just sold!

The MyLink cannot be reprogrammed as far as I know, so yes only odd frequencies but just like any other US import, none have ever done the evens, and no maps available for the nav on US spec either, nor will the Onstar work in the UK.

UK models have no SS badges either, US have them on grille, rear, steering wheel and embroidered on head rests., but do have UK spec radios and nav.

There are other differences, TPMS sensors are different frequencies for instance, and anything UK/Euro specific will be much more expensive such as rear light clusters if they fail, but at the end of the day it's your choice.

I wanted a US spec that looks EXACTLY as it would over there, so I don't have any screwed on side repeaters, all four red tail lights but amber flash LED's behind, and a concealed rear fog light

UK spec also 'should' have UK size plates, where US models are legally allowed US size
johndm is offline   Reply With Quote