View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 07:56 PM   #36
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
^^There is definitely a straight line difference, stock versus stock, but probably not by much. The flip side is that the 4th gen was just an easier car to drive and I seemed to be able to wring more out of it. You could read the gauges easier and you could definitely see out of it better. The only real mods on my 4th were Bilsteins and even with the live axle it seemed to handle as well as my SS. And yes, I surprised many a late model Mustang on many occasions.

As far as quality, it’s about the same, maybe worse actually. I had a 1999 and it seems they had a lot of the kinks worked out after six years in production. The plastic and leather in my 4th gen were in pretty good condition when I sold it with 100k miles while the SS seats with only 55k have cracks and splits, which I’ve seen in other 5th gens. And it goes without saying that parts are definitely cheaper for the 4th.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote