View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
On August 15th I became #2 on the list for a 2SS/RS at Mac Haik Chevrolet in Houston, Tx. I ordered my car on October 15th, a CGM 2SS/RS with 20" polished wheels. I received a call this morning my car was in. I went over to pick it up and found out why GM is struggling so much these days. They would not honor my written agreement to purchase the car at MSRP and said I either paid them an $8000 premium or forget it.

The salesman I ordered the car from apparently left them a couple months ago so I was working with someone I hardly knew. He was on my side but the manager on duty said the paper that the agreement was written on meant nothing to him. It had my order alpha number on it, specified they agreed to sell to me at MSRP and was signed by myself, my salesman and dated. I wish I could remember the manager on duty that I talked to because he lacked any character or integrity. He was so smug and arogant it made me feel like an absolute nothing.

I picked that dealership to order my car from! I walked into their show room and picked them to get my business. I have been in and out of their many times since that August. I have test driven Suburbans on their lot and my saleman knew I would be in the market for one in early 2010.

Bottom line is I got all hyped up with the pre order event, got my car ordered and now this. So, to me, it comes as no surprise why GM is going thru such a hard time. They just lost 6 customers for life. I have 5 drivers in my family, currently, soon to be 6. We are all very upset over this. We have all been waiting for "our" car to come in. They just lost 6 future GM owners to screw 1 customer for 8 grand.

I currently own a 2009 corvette. First thing I am doing this weekend is selling it to Carmax. I will not appear to support them after this. This web site convinced me to give GM another chance and I did. For me, it was a mistake. Sure, some of you will say go to another dealer. No way, I had my deal made for 8 1/2 months just to be screwed. Why give them another chance. I really wish someone with some Integrity at GM would read this and take notice.

By the way, the car was beautiful, just beautiful!!!! I can't describe the way I was taken from sheer joy when I first saw it to the way I felt on my drive home.
I am concerned that we might see this sort of situation more often. If so, GM will certainly lose more than just 6 customers. I will buy a Chally if the dealer decides to all of a sudden extort me by going above MSRP.
I don't have to buy this car. I want to buy it. GM, please encourage you dealers to not take advantage of it'S most loyal customers; the admirers of the CAMARO.