View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Wow... that's the worst I've seen yet!

One thing I can recommend for you; the long horizontal mark across for front most bow- I'm going to assume you have the tanneau cover ... I had the same mark which I found to be caused by the slight movement of the cover while driving causing friction against the top at that bow (which lines up near the rear of the well by the trunk, where the cover "tucks under") after my first top replacement, I began placing a thin piece if felt over the top, directly under the tanneau... and no more marks across the bow. I too do 90-95% of my driving top down, and 75% with the tanneau. Mine was built 2/14 and has 8500 miles (but is kept garaged) I've got the rub marks predominantly on the passenger side and lightly on the drivers. A few wrinkles behind the rear windows and non other marks appearing...

Definitely get that documented.

I read a lot of ppl talking about "waiting for a permanent fix"- which is great, I am too, but plz, MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT IN TO GRT DOCUMENTED! If everyone waits it out, and no one makes any noise, GM may very well assume the problems corrected itself, and we'll all be s.o.l.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote