View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 06:26 AM   #124
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Thinking of coming this year for first time with two 5th Gen Camaros. Trying to get my better half to drag in the V6 bolt on class. Shes not really that into fast. If everything goes well I'd race the V8 modified and feel lucky to finish in top 20 but just looking to have fun.

Would be nice to have something for newbies as suggested since we'd both be that. I might have raced some in my day but never on a track with a tree. Didn't have anything where I grew up. We did have a spot where the locals allowed it as long as nobody got stupid. Was just a half mile concrete road marked off for 1/4 mile runs with arm drops back then. Getting old so figure if going to race again should be the smart way on a safe track.

Brings me to my question only found the below link post #2 for safety rules. It's from 2014 so wondered if everything is still the same?

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387465

If I understand correct no suit, roll bar, or cage needed till under 11.5 correct? Just the helmet and proper clothing?

Appreciate it!
There is no better place for FIRST TIMERs than Camaro Fest. Lots of like minded Camaro folks to help out with lots of 1st timers every year. There's no high pressure like some of the huge events and it's basically a track rental where there are plenty of folks to help out and if you want just take a Sunday drive down the track to get a feel of your car. There's really no need to compete at all for some folks but you can still join one of the classes which will simply get you more runs down the track.

We've had some get as many as 20 runs on the track. They just get to the end and come right back to the starting line. It's great practice and no doubt the best place to do it.