View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_desmo View Post
I love magnaflow, dont like borla, dont like corsa,dont like slp...but that sounds EXACTLY like a 350z 370z hyundai genesis v6 ...make it sound clean but kinda what youre not expecting dont you think
The engine is the force driving the sound, it's a V6. I think it sounds very good. Magnaflow mufflers get a deeper tone over time, usually 500-1000 miles. This system is almost identical to the SS V8 set-up. I've driven a stock V6 and I couldn't even hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays View Post
Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
can you buy just the mufflers, im confused as to the different packages.
Magnaflow currently offers 2 systems for the V6 Camaro. I will add them to the first post in this thread. Please feel free to call, PM or email us if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Sounds great!!
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Eh, I'm gonna wait and see what else comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Sounds like it went in the wrong direction with the sound. Idle sounds like a 4 cylinder and I thought the drive by only sounded slightly better. In fact I thought stock sounded better. Sorry.
The Magnaflow Systems will get deeper over time due to the muffler construction. For more information on Magnaflow muffler click HERE. I've driven a "Stock" V6 and I couldn't hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
How would one make the sound deeper? I know it'll never sound like the L99/LS3 but I think GM did have the right idea with the stock setup. I think they didn't go far enough. What do you think? Larger pipes? Larger volume mufflers? I think the idea is to make the engine sound larger. I don't want it to sound like a Nissan. I've read (I think on this site) that an H-pipe would improve the sound over the stock X-pipe to eliminate some raspiness. What about NOT joining the pipes? There's so much one can do to alter the sound. Remember how great the Buick 3.8's sounded? I mean, even at idle without the turbo spooling. I had a T-type and it sounded like sex. I have a '99 LS1 right now and of course that sounds great with a Magnaflow. I think the LLT could sound amazing with the proper setup. Not V8 great, but at least not like a Jap tuner.
In order to create a quieter deeper tone you would use larger mufflers, my feeling is once the muffler "break-in" it will be deeper. Larger pipes would make it sound more like a ricer. You'll never get a V6 to sound like a V8 but I think it sounds awesome for a V6!

The Camaro V6 engine is very impressive power wise, my suggestion would be to embrace it for what it is. It's an outstanding engine that make great power and is efficient!

Please feel free to call, PM or email us anytime with product questions. We are offering a Camaro5 special and we even have packages including the Airaid intake system! We appreciate your interest in Magnaflow products and have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

JP
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote