View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #10
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
Is it 100% reversible? ie can I remove it for warranty work and it doesn't leave a trace?

100% reversible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
The video was almost 30 minutes but what was the actual time it took you to install it?
If I followed the instructions and did it there way probably just over an hour. If you notice my videos don't cut a lot of the work, I try to show everything including my frustration and issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Did you consider the NavTool GMBOX3.0 add-on module? From what I've read, it adds most, if not all, of the same features/functions as the Gen5DIY HMI update without having to send in your HMI. If you considered the NavTool unit, why did you go the Gen5DIY route instead?
I looked into it as the cost was simply not something I could over look. But all my research has shown these units simply do not last. Also their offering requires 2 products to do what the Gen5DIY setup offers. Their descriptions are very vague and from the info I found, you can't do everything you want.

The benefit of the Gen5 system is it uses all factory stuff to run everything. Yes the upfront cost can be expensive if you don't send in your HMI, but once you get the new one and send your old one in, you get that refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
This question exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Has anyone else done this NavTool box? Seems like a great deal, and plug-and-play?
This is a plug and play setup as well for the most part.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote