Thread: Flat Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
I had to buy two new tires a week ago...front and rear passenger. Noone in my area stocked the tires and I could not get them through the Chevy Dealer where I bought the car.
Finally one local business found the two I needed...in two different states. They wanted a total of 580 bucks, installed.
I decided to order through Tirerack. They give you a choice of places to get them installed and they shipped the tires directly to Goodyear (where I chose).
I ordered on Tuesday and the tires arrived on Thursday. I got them for about 450 total. However, Goodyear charged a hundred bucks to install them.
I had been run off the road into a curb and that is what caused the blowouts. So I had to also get an alignment. That was an extra 65 bucks.
So there is no cheap remedy when you need tires.
Hopefully the prices will stabilize a little when all of us start needing replacements due to normal wear and tear.
Just be prepared to shell out some cash now.
Yeah I was prepared for the prices they were charging. You were lucky that you got yours shipped so quickly though. Mine just arrived at the STS store today and I'm having them mounted and balanced tomorrow morning.
MIT'13 is offline   Reply With Quote