View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
fourhounds, I would like to direct message you about the issues are having with your vehicle. Also GrinderSS could you direct message me your case number so I can look into it? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Jeff,
I bought my 2SS/RS Camaro as a hobby car, as such, I've made several modifications including having the PCM recalibrate. So, I'm sure I've voided any kind of warranty GM offers on the car. With that said, I'm certain the transmission was defective from the factory; I had only 2000 miles on the car when I had to have 2nd gear replaced and 4,100 miles just recently when I replaced the entire transmission due to 2nd gear beginning to grind again (the inspiration for my moniker ).

Anyway, I don't expect anything from GM for me personally, but I do believe GM should resolve this issue before it becomes more widely known and damages the Camaro brand. Of course, if you want to send me a check for the $6K+ I've spent dealing with a grinding transmission I certainly won't say no

Technically I believe the problem is the responsibility of Tremec as the manufacturer of the TR6060. If you browse the Mustang forums you'll see that GT500 owners are having similar issues with their TR6060's. In fact, the problem is well known as indicated in this article: http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/g...nsmission.html

Steve
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote