Thread: 4.10 gears
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:15 AM   #14
zz430camaro

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
I have 4.88 gears in my TT V-6 Camaro. Dynamat in the wheel wheel and trunk area. Hardly any noise at all but the gears are set up perfectly. That's the key. Most people don't want to take the necessary time to do a perfect set up and that is mostly why gear sets make excessive noise. However, some gear manufacturers lack the quality that assures low noise levels, so that makes a difference, too. You get what you pay for. I've had my 4.88 gear set up for 4 years with no issues.

About 2 years ago, i decided to install the poly bushings in the cradle and differential and the next day I took the damn things out and threw them in the trash. The noise was terrible. Amazing how the stock bushings reduce noise transmission. My ride is a daily driver and I love it!!!
How did you replace the factory bushings in the diff and craddle? You did not destroy them getting them out?