View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Man1acs

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
Arrow She's a Maniac!!

A little background story to my car,

She's a 2SS RS. Lets go back to day one. I was driving a 99' Chevy Metro due the raising gas price and the fact I joined the Air Force rite out of high school so I wanted to save up my money. Saved up for close to 5 years then 1 day after being picked on for driving a 3 banger for 5 years (they were just jealous of my 45mpg) I though it was time for an upgrade.

I always loved Chevy, my dad had a Corvette, and a lot of the guys I worked with had older Camaro's. It was easy making my mind up about what I wanted after reading up about all the new cars coming out at the time. The Camaro's looks, power, and WOW factor pulled me in from the first time I saw pictures.

I was waiting and waiting for the Camaro's to make it to the dealerships so I could see one in person, It was taking for ever and they did not know when or what they were going to end up getting.

Then one sunny day in late September 2009 I stopped by the dealership after work just to waist some time and there she was! A Inferno Orange 2SS RS with every thing. I asked the guy why it was here. He told me that a guy ordered it for his wife and when they went to look at it earlier that day, she decided she did not want a manual transmission and it was just now going back to the lot to be put on display.

It was love at first sight. I went strait to the bank and get a down payment for her and she was mine a few hrs later and never looked back. I got no sleep that night waiting for them to clean her up and get her ready to come home.

Performance Mods:
Paxton Novi 1500 Supercharger
ZL1 Fuel Pump
Alky Methanol Injection System
1 7/8" ARH LT with highflow cats.
160 Thermostat
SLP Under Drive Pulley with new belts and crank bolt
Custom Ground CAM
Dual Manley Valve Springs
Hardened Manley Push Rods
Titainum Retainers
Katech Timing Chain
Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Cosmetic mods:
AeroForce Scan Gauges
ACS T3 Ports Front Bumper
ACS T3 Front Splitter
T3 Ports LEDs
Realwheels Upper and Lower Grille
Painted Gloss Black Stripes
Painted Gloss Black Ground FX
Painted Bowtie In Back
Tinted Lights
Tinted Windows

Brand New

Last edited by Man1acs; 03-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Man1acs is offline   Reply With Quote