View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 09:04 PM   #2
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Edit: Cliff notes are G-MAX RS. Good UHP tire, great price, excellent rain handling, tracked them and liked them.

My .02, I just swapped tires a few weekends ago. I had Pirelli's on and I hated them, so I decided to drive them into the ground via two Michigan winters. They did finally crack, so although you're in Georgia keep cold temps in mind (if you dont have a garage).
I wanted GY3R but no one could get them in time for my track day, so in a quick decision I went with G-MAX RS. My only other two options to get me to the track on time were another set of Pirellis which I hate, and a set of Conti's which I hve no confidence in after watching a MB get totaled due to hydroplane.

The G-MAX RS is new, and its like a Conti/Nitto Hybrid. I had them installed in a pinch at a Ferrari/Porsche shop, even they were very impressed with the tire. The only reviews I could find were two magazine reviews of them on a few cars, including a High HP challenger. http://www.hotrod.com/articles/gener...ires-are-made/

So it was 'kind of' a "Well, guess I'll be the guinea pig" scenario

I pulled the trigger on them, and tracked them a couple of days later. Yes I gave up some stickiness, but I gained immensely in tread depth/wear rating. Price was great as well. They communicated to me very well, I could easily find the limit. I hated the pirellis for several reasons, one of which being that when they go, it was quick and sometimes unexpected. FWIW, this thread is almost certainly going to turn into a Michelin PS4S thread, and they are great. But IMO, i've driven a ton of different tires, if I couldnt get what I WANTED, I wasnt going to overpay for Michelins that I didnt want.

Last edited by 1970judge; 06-23-2018 at 09:19 PM.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote