View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #72
Mcnamee

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy & '87 Monte SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
Or an extra cylinder or two... LOL sorry, I had to. And no I dont think the V6 is a bad car. It is just a joke... and I know some of the V6 people on here cant take a joke so I have to explain myself.

My thoughts exactly, on paper the mustang is only a little faster so I doubt GM will go way out of the way to beat it. I have ran a few 2011 5.0s and have beat them and all I have are long tube headers w/ high flow cats, LMR CAI, and muffler delete so it wont take much for GM to be able to say its faster.
hahaha, thats a good 1, I know some v6 guys get all up in arms about it, I got a v6 because the cost of an ss + insurance is waaay to high for my age, I may just trade it in 2012 for a nice new ss :P.

Ive seen all the magazines rate the two cars, the 5.0L vs SS, and pretty much is a drivers race, some get the camaro faster, others get the 5.0L faster, but hey power bump is always good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
And that's with the CamaroSS weighing 200lbs more. Can anyone tell me how much the hood and truck weigh.. and whether a carbon fiber replacement would be worth the change in weight?
I know the Camaro's hood is aluminum, I was a TPT in the plant for the first year of the camaro, and my dad worked in the Body shop and he said they are aluminum as well, so I dont think you'd get much of a weight savings there, but the trunk you may, I don't think its aluminum.

I think the bulk of the camaro's weight is more the frame and underpinnings, all that stuff his heavy steel, the body itself isn't that heavy, its also a bigger car than the mustang, but seriously if they could drop 300 lbs off the camaro they wouldn't even need to up the horsepower.