View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 09:28 PM   #43
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Rarity isn’t the only measure of desirability in determining which cars become more collectible than others, and many of the other colors and equipment configurations actually may end up being more rare than the black CEs anyway.

I for one have no interest in a parts-bin, paint-and-stickers CE. Almost all of the “special” parts except the Panther logos are coming from existing Camaro models. The worst case is the ZLE spoiler. The reason ZLEs are on constraint right now is because the supplier can’t produce enough of these spoilers, likely because they’re being stockpiled for the 2024 models that start production soon.

I also have no interest in another black car. I saw a perfectly wrapped flat-black 6th-Gen yesterday, and it looked like a lump of coal. The lack of reflectivity in the surfaces totally hid all the interesting curves and character lines of the body. Fun cars should be fun colors!
I don't know about them saving the carbon wing for the 24 MY, there are many folks that have been waiting well over a year for an allocation on a 23 ZLE and that piece kept a lot of folks out of one. I just don't see many of these being produced in a five month window as a 24, do they just tell probably the hundreds of people who have a 23 waiting for an allocation they are SOL? Totally agree on the color, black mutes the lines of the car IMO.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote